Dakroom



When I was in first grade, I was like this photo. At this time in my Dubai school, there was a rumor, that too, made by the teachers, to threaten the students to behave properly, that those who didn't behave properly, they will be put in the darkroom. At that time, I didn't hear properly what the word was and instead always heard "dakroom, dakroom". All I knew was that it was very scary from the look of my classmates. Even some of my teachers told and confirmed that I was about to go to the darkroom, along with some others. I was very scared like others about this situation. but somehow, every time they won't take me there. I never got to see a real darkroom in that school. At the end of the school semester, I had to go back to Kerala because of a family emergency. Then I settled in Kerala itself.
 Then whenever I thought back to that incident, I always thought, "What does dakroom mean??". Then finally I found that it actually meant DARKROOM!! It was one of those forehead-to-palm moments.
Since then whenever I hear something, I try to understand it properly before I believe it. 
 

Comments

  1. Should I laugh or cry??. I liked the humour in it.. feels bit sorry for not being there near you in your worries. Seems I was too engaged with many other things....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts