Accept Who You Are

 

                                                                                                                        @ThriveGlobal

Body insecurity is one of the main issues among teenagers. Whether it be acne, fatness, slimness, dark skin, light skin, or anything else, some teenagers are always afraid, sad, frustrated, or downright depressed about their looks and/or body. I too was like this until recently. I was really frustrated that I was too thin, according to my perspective, and dark in color.

Doesn't anybody feed you anything?

Just like a stick!

Oh my goodness, you are sooo thin!!

Look at those arms...

These are all familiar sayings for me, and these sayings might be familiar for slim people too. My Amma[mother in Malayalam] says എന്റെ ശ്രീദേവി, കുറച്ചു തടി അങ്ങട് വെച്ചാലുണ്ടല്ലോ, ഈ ആൾക്കാരൊക്കെതന്നെ പറയും, "കണ്ടില്ലേ തിന്ന് തിന്ന് ചക്കപോത്തായത്??😂🤣🤣"[My dear Shridevi, If you gain some weight, then these people itself will say, "Ate and ate and became a buffalo, see??] I was like my Achan[father in Malayalam], dark, tall, and thin. But unlike me, he never bothers about all the comments that he hears. He will just laugh it away. Of course, he might have gotten used to all these comments since childhood. 

                                                         My Amma advises that when somebody comments that I am thin or something similar and correct about me, be happy because somebody is concerned about you, instead of ignoring you😁. 

                          But I couldn't consider it like my Achan or my Amma. I felt really sad about the comments that everybody was making about me. That is until my cousin stayed at my house for a day. She had a bigger body frame than me. When we were talking about our favorite band Blackpink's members, she told me that I had the body frame of Lisa, slim and with a lot of metabolisms. She said that most of the slim and 'skinny' people become beautiful and tall once they grow up. I thought about it, and I realized that what she said was kind of right.

                                                                       I am not saying that you won't be beautiful if you are fat now once you grow up. There are many beautiful fat women out there, just search in Google. I am just saying that as a teenager, we are changing every day. So just because you are fat or have pimples today, doesn't mean that you will be fat or will have pimples 10 years from now.

                                                                      What you should focus on instead is to have a fit and clean body and mind. Drink enough water, eat healthily, have a balanced diet, exercise well, meditate well, listen to good music[because music is a good mood-setter], study well, keep good relationships, have positive thoughts, have good manners, use good language, bath daily, maintain a good height and weight, etc. These are all important [and better]things to focus on instead of your negatives. 

                                                                      So I hope that this blog gave you some motivation and guidance on what you should do. Stay safe, stay happy and stay tuned to my world😇  

Comments

Popular Posts